Random Trivia For This Title:
- Generally credited (along with Gremlins) with the creation of the PG-13 rating, as many felt the scenes of violence in both movies were too much for a PG rating, but not enough for an R rating. It is widely believed that had Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg's name not been on both movies, both may have received an R rating. (The Flamingo Kid was the first film to be *given* a PG-13 rating, but sat on the shelves for five months before being released.) Red Dawn was the first motion picture released with the PG-13 rating.
- Jonathan Ke QuanJonathan Ke Quan's film debut.
- WILHELM SCREAM: When a food cart in the club at the beginning of the movie crashes into the orchestra stand. Also, When Mola Ram is eaten by the alligators at the movie's finale.
- 14 dummies fall off the bridge when it is cut. Batteries inside them operate their leg and arm movements to make it look like they're really kicking and flailing.
- The only installment of the [Indiana Jones] franchise in which Indy does not make physical contact with a snake. There is however a nod to his fear of them, and to a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark: After he retrieves the Sankara stones from the Kali shrine, he looks up at a statue of a cobra poised to strike (like the one he famously faced in the Well of Souls scene in "Raiders") and straightens his hat...
- The huge mineshaft was a circular construction around the largest soundstage. To make it look different, they just altered the lighting every time the carts completed a loop.
- Despite being the second film in the series, the action of Temple of Doom actually takes place before the other films (1935), with Raiders of the Lost Ark taking place in 1936 and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in 1938.
- Shots of mining-car roller-coaster ride were done with models and a 35mm camera modified to hold extra film.
- Kate CapshawKate Capshaw was thrilled at the opportunity of singing and dancing in the opening musical number - a dream for any actress - but The reality was her dress was so tight, there was very little movement she could attempt without ripping it.
- The club at the beginning is called "Club Obi Wan", a reference to a Star Wars character.