Random Trivia For This Title:
- Although the character of Effie Trinket only appears briefly at the end of the novel, her role has been expanded in the films. Reportedly, after seeing Catching Fire, author Suzanne Collins called director Francis LawrenceFrancis Lawrence and said, "There's no way Effie Trinket cannot be in the Mockingjay films." Katniss' stylists who play roles in the book do not appear in the movie. They are replaced by Effie Trinket.
- Jennifer LawrenceJennifer Lawrence and Josh HutchersonJosh Hutcherson stated in an interview that filming this Hunger Games film was different from the first two.
- This film was released on the same day as Jena MaloneJena Malone's (Johanna) birthday.
- Will be the only film in the franchise to not open in the same year as a movie featuring Marvel Comics hero Thor, played by Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth's (Gale) older brother Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth.
- Castor and Pollux were the mythical twin brothers of Helen of Troy. The brothers in Face Off, Percy Jackson, and this movie were all named after them.
- Jodie FosterJodie Foster was considered for the role of Alma Coin.
- Fourth film to co-star Philip Seymour HoffmanPhilip Seymour Hoffman and Julianne MooreJulianne Moore. Both had previously costarred in Boogie Nights, The Big Lebowski, and Magnolia.
- Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth told EM he had a hairline fracture between his ankle joints during filming. "I heard a big crack and just went down."
- The song The Hanging Tree is actually sung from the perspective of a man who has been hung and is calling out to his lover to join him in death.
- Natalie DormerNatalie Dormer actually shaved half of her hair when she played the role of Cressida.
- Natalie DormerNatalie Dormer ad-libbed 20-30 percent of her scenes, especially when Cressida instructs Finnick and the twins where to stand before filming his speech. When asked how she did that impromptu act, Dormer said that she drew inspiration by paying attention to how Francis LawrenceFrancis Lawrence would converse with his camera crew in-between takes.
- Jennifer LawrenceJennifer Lawrence did her own singing for "The Hanging Tree" segment. Worldwide, the song went #1 on the iTunes Sales Chart. Jennifer LawrenceJennifer Lawrence actually doesn't like singing, and hated filming the part where she sang "The Hanging Tree."
- In order for Peeta to look like he was tortured many think he went on an extreme diet. But in reality they used CGI to slim his face and look abused and beaten.
- Julianne MooreJulianne Moore stated that her two children, both fans of the novels, convinced her to sign on for the role of Alma Coin.
- Pollux, an avox, is actually signing in ASL to his brother when he is introduced to Katniss. He signs, "She is beautiful," and his brother signs back in agreement.