Random Trivia For This Title:
- Anthony HopkinsAnthony Hopkins recorded all the narration for the movie in one day.
- Jim CarreyJim Carrey's Grinch suit is covered in yak hairs, which were dyed green and sewn one by one onto a spandex suit.
- Jim CarreyJim Carrey's yellow contact lenses proved to be so uncomfortable that he was unable to wear them at times during filming. This required that some shots of his eyes be colored in post-production.
- No movie has featured so many characters in heavy makeup since The Wizard of Oz.
- For a while, Tim BurtonTim Burton was considering to direct, but could not due to a conflict with another movie.
- The line "6:30 p.m. "Dinner with me" I can't cancel that again." was improvised by Jim CarreyJim Carrey.
- The Whoville set was built mostly on the backlot of Universal Studios behind the still-standing Bates Motel. During a break in filming Jim CarreyJim Carrey surprised and scared tourists on the Universal Backlot Tour by running out of the hotel wearing a dress and brandishing a knife. Nobody recognized him, and the tour guide at Universal Studios will tell you the story when you pass by the hotel on the Backlot Tour.
- Eddie MurphyEddie Murphy and Jack NicholsonJack Nicholson were considered to play The Grinch.
- One morning, director Ron HowardRon Howard came in at 3:30 to put on the Grinch suit with full make-up and directed the entire day with the suit on. Jim CarreyJim Carrey said that when he first saw Howard in full Grinch outfit, he was angered, mistaking the director for a stunt double who looked nothing like him.
- The scene where The Grinch is directing his dog, Max, before stealing Christmas, is Jim CarreyJim Carrey doing a parody of director Ron HowardRon Howard.