Random Trivia For This Title:
- Joseph Gordon-LevittJoseph Gordon-Levitt, Henry CavillHenry Cavill, Scoot McNairyScoot McNairy and Caleb Landry JonesCaleb Landry Jones were considered for the role of Lt Brody.
- The United States Marine Corps declined to participate after reviewing the script. The United States Navy cooperated with production.
- Godzilla was originally planned to be found preserved in a Siberian glacier. This was changed when the filmmakers saw that Man of Steel had a similar scene.
- While shooting this film, cinematographer [?] Seamus McGarvey accidentally went to a lakeside set of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which was shooting nearby and looked very similar to the set for this film. He described walking around with his light meter, not recognizing anyone, as a "surreal, dreamlike experience" until he realized his mistake.
- Godzilla is covered in keloid scars. The original Godzilla (1954) was heavily scarred to evoke the gruesome marks borne by the survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings.
- The film contains 960 visual effects shots. The 3D model of Godzilla, made up of 500,000 polygons, appears in 327 shots. Had the graphics been designed on a single computer, it would have taken 450 years to render.
- Toho Studios provided sound designer Erik AadahlErik Aadahl with the original 1954 recording of Godzilla's roar. He upgraded the roar to a more organic, contemporary sound.
- According to Bryan CranstonBryan Cranston, Gareth EdwardsGareth Edwards was inspired by the shark film Jaws. "The film does not immediately show the beast, but rather build up to its appearance while still delivering an eerie and terrifying off-screen presence." In homage to Jaws, the main protagonists have the name of Brody, after that film's protagonist.
- The music in the background during the HALO jump is from György Ligeti's "Requiem" which was also used in the Monolith scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- According to Gareth EdwardsGareth Edwards, Godzilla's design is inspired by bears and Komodo dragons. In particular, his face is influenced by the heads of bears, dogs and eagles. Edwards said the eagle "has a lot of nobility. It made him feel very majestic and noble."
- Released in 2014, the original film's 60th anniversary.
- Hilary DuffHilary Duff, Jennifer LawrenceJennifer Lawrence, [?] Aly Michalka, [?] Imogen Poots, Margot RobbieMargot Robbie, Emilia ClarkeEmilia Clarke, and [?] Emmy Rossum were considered for the role of Elle Brody.
- Guillermo del ToroGuillermo del Toro was seriously considered to direct, but he was busy with Pacific Rim.
- The MUTO design was inspired by King Kong, Alien, Jurassic Park, and Starship Troopers.