Random Trivia For This Title:
- Despite the nature of the film and adverse filming conditions, Kane HodderKane Hodder provided several moments of levity which were appreciated by the cast. Following several death scenes, for example, once director Rob HeddenRob Hedden called "cut," Hodder would do a brief disco dance in full Jason costume and make-up making the cast laugh.
- Many of the actors pointed out to themselves a plot hole earlier in the filming of the movie: they wondered how the ship got out of Crystal Lake and into the Atlantic Ocean. Since most of them were just happy to be in a film they didn't bring it up to the producers or director.
- Sharlene MartinSharlene Martin initially expressed discomfort at being filmed nude for a shower scene. To put her at ease, Rob HeddenRob Hedden borrowed a page from theater and film lore and stripped down fully nude and walked into the shower himself to illustrate how easy it all was. Unfortunately, he didn't realize the camera was rolling the whole time. When the producers watched the dailies the next morning they were very, very confused as to why their director was standing completely nude in a shower talking to one of his lovely young actresses.
- (at around 55 mins) In the scene where Jason reaches through the porthole and grabs Rennie, Jensen DaggettJensen Daggett was reportedly really terrified. Her face was just inches from a large and very sharp piece of glass that had become stuck in the window frame and the actor who played Jason was (unknowingly) pulling her toward it.
- After the disappointing results at the box-office, Paramount decided to sell the Friday the 13th film series to New Line Cinema, making "Jason Takes Manhattan" the last feature produced by Paramount until the 2009 remake. Only three other sequels were released in between.
- The original posters for the film featured Jason ripping through an "I Love NY" poster. In the first poster Jason is holding a bloody knife which was cleaned in a second poster for fear that the blood was too graphic. However, both posters were dropped following a complaint from the New York Tourism Committee.
- (at around 1h 10 mins) Vincent Craig DupreeVincent Craig Dupree actually cut his hand in the phone booth when Jason shatters the glass around him.
- Feature film debut of actress Kelly HuKelly Hu, who plays Eva.
- Many fans disliked Jason's unmasking in this as it was deemed unconvincing and unintimidating.
- The film and its characters don't reach New York until the last half hour into the runtime.