Random Trivia For This Title:
- When, George asked for his secretary to help him find famous celebrities who are older than him she mentions former president Bill ClintonBill Clinton being 31 days older than George, when in real life Steve MartinSteve Martin is actually 1 year and 5 days older than Bill ClintonBill Clinton.
- The set used for the interior of the Banks' home had to be rebuilt from scratch for the sequel. With no presumption of a sequel during production of the original movie, the set was destroyed after production completed. Set crew had to recreate the entirety of the set based only on a few remnant sketches of the original set, and had to infer most measurements based on the known sizes of various reference items in the original film.
- When Diane KeatonDiane Keaton was given the script for the movie, she nearly refused to film when she found out she had to pretend to be pregnant as she was nearly 50. It took a bag of humbugs and a lot of pleading from Steve MartinSteve Martin and Nancy MeyersNancy Meyers to get her to join.
- When the movie opened, aspiring country singer [?] Brad Paisley went to see it in the hopes that an ex-girlfriend he'd seen the first Father of the Bride remake with would be there. She didn't show, but as he told an Atlanta radio station later, he sat in the theater watching the lead actress and thought to himself, "I could marry a girl like her." A few years later, he not only married a girl like her, he married that particular girl - actress Kimberly Williams-PaisleyKimberly Williams-Paisley.
- In the theatrical trailer, a scene which is not included in the DVD is shown with Franck telling George and Brian that there will be "sterks" (storks) at the baby shower. During the Scrabble scene, you can see "sterks" on the board, along with the other pregnancy-related words.
- Although this sequel to Father of the Bride is not a remake of Father's Little Dividend, (the sequel to the original Father of the Bride), the opening scenes of the two films, including the narration spoken to camera by the father character, are virtually identical.
- The board in the Scrabble game has several words relating to pregnancy and childbirth. In particular, one of the players somehow managed to play "episiotomy."
- The line, "I have a brilliant-beyond-brilliant idea," uttered by George Banks regarding the sale of their house, is also spoken in The Parent Trap by Hallie, the American twin, regarding the girls' identity switch. Both movies were written in part by Nancy MeyersNancy Meyers.