Random Trivia For This Title:
- Although the cost of the wedding is a hot topic in the film, the final price tag is never revealed. After crunching the numbers given by Franck's assistant Howard Weinstein, 572 guests at $250.00 a head, we learn that the wedding cost George $143,000.00. Considering that the film was released in 1991, the $143,000.00 price tag has not been adjusted for present day inflation.
- Tom Irish plays the same character, Ben Banks, in both the 1950 and the 1991 versions of Father of the Bride.
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley and George Newbern were filmed in a series of Hallmark Card commercials as a couple.
- Steve Martin's character of George Banks was named after David Tomlinson's character of the same name in Mary Poppins.
- Phoebe Cates was offered the role of Annie Banks, but had to decline it because of her pregnancy.
- George Banks says that he doesn't want the wedding to bankrupt him so he'll end up wandering the streets in a bathrobe. This happens to Steve Martin's character in The Jerk.
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley's film debut.