Random Trivia For This Title:
- Patricia Arquette, who played Kristen in the third part of the series, could not reprise her role here in the fourth movie because she was pregnant during filming.
- First film in the series where Robert Englund receives top billing in the opening credits.
- [?] Ellie Cornell auditioned for the role of Alice.
- A magazine can be seen in Kristen's room that has a picture of Johnny Depp, who starred in the original Nightmare on Elm Street film and had a brief cameo in the sixth film of the series, Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.
- Wes Craven and Bruce Wagner came upon with a concept for this film that involved time travel through dreams. However, producers Robert Shaye and Sara Risher felt that this was too high a concept for a [Nightmare On Elm Street] sequel and didn't think it fit the formula that Craven created with the first film.
- Not only did actor Tuesday Knight co-star in the film, she performed the theme song.
- This was the highest-grossing entry in the Elm Street series (not counting Freddy vs. Jason). It earned $49 million in the US.
- The name of the diner where Alice works is called the "Crave Inn", a reference to series creator Wes Craven.
- The two gravestones visible behind Kristen Parker's and Roland Kincaid's are for Donald & Nancy Thompson, characters from A Nightmare on Elm Street and A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.
- The highest grossing horror film of its year and the highest grossing film for New Line.