Random Trivia For This Title:
- Freddy Kruger was designed by Wes CravenWes Craven to be the typical "silent" serial killer such as Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers. But in the sequels Freddy developed a cheeky persona that enabled him to be the black humored villain
- Johnny DeppJohnny Depp's first film
- New Line Cinema was saved from bankruptcy by the success of the film, and was jokingly nicknamed "the house that Freddy built".
- Over 500 gallons of fake blood were used during the making of the film.
- The original glove was used in A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge, and was also seen in Evil Dead II. However, when Wes CravenWes Craven loaned the glove to the A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors set, it was lost, and has never been located since.
- One of the main reasons Johnny DeppJohnny Depp was chosen was because the producer's daughter thought he was "dreamy."
- The words "Elm Street" are not spoken at all during the movie.
- The scene were Freddy's arms elongate were achieved by having men with fishing poles on each side of the alley marionetting a set of puppet arms attached to actor Robert EnglundRobert Englund.
- On the DVD audio commentary, Wes CravenWes Craven says he was told that this was the first film to use a breakaway mirror.
- Heather LangenkampHeather Langenkamp beat over 200 actresses for the role of Nancy Thompson, some of the other actresses who auditioned for the role of Nancy were Jennifer GreyJennifer Grey, Demi MooreDemi Moore, Courteney CoxCourteney Cox and Tracey GoldTracey Gold.