Random Trivia For This Title:
- Diddlebock, in his speech in the bar, mentions the "echo of the thundering herd". The "thundering herd" is the nickname of the football team of Marshall University, West Virginia.
- Last appearance of Harold LloydHarold Lloyd in a film.
- During the scene were Harold LloydHarold Lloyd's character meets Jackie the lion, on the first take when Harold pets Jackie, the lion actually bit him on his right hand. But Harold was not injured at all because the lion's teeth scraped against his two prosthetic fingers. After that, Harold refused to pet the lion ever again on or off screen, and in the second take which was used for the film, Harold's terrified squirming over the lion standing next to him is genuine.
- Preston SturgesPreston Sturges wrote this screenplay in order to entice Harold LloydHarold Lloyd out of retirement.
- It was [?] Howard Hughes, Preston SturgesPreston Sturges' partner in California Pictures Corporation, who re-cut the film and retitled it Mad Wednesday - not Columbia Pictures chief [?] Harry Cohn, as has long been believed.