Random Trivia For This Title:
- Originally, there were endings in which each character killed off everyone once, and then the ending where they all did it. However, the final cut would have made the movie over two and a half hours, and director Lynn thought it to be excessive, hence the three endings that are in the final cut.
- Madeline Kahn ad-libbed the short monologue about her hatred for Yvette the French maid.
- The color of each characters car is the same color as their playing piece in the game.
- The actor playing Mr. Boddy is the front man of the alternative rock band Fear, and was chosen because his name is Lee Ving - Mr. Boddy will be 'LeaVing' soon.
- The first movie based on a board game.
- Eileen Brennan also starred in the film adaptation of Murder by Death, [?] Neil Simon's parody of murder mysteries.
- Mrs. Scarlet reads to Professor Plum the directions to their dinner date while she is in his car after he picked her up. She says that they are headed for "Hill House," which is the name of the house in [?] Shirley Jackson's The Haunting.
- Three endings were shot, and a random one shown at each theatre. All three are included on video.
- The painting behind Mr Boddy's chair depicts Mr Boddy in a butler's uniform, foreshadowing the revelation in Ending C that Mr. Boddy was the real butler.
- Prof. Plum indicates at dinner that he works for the World Health Organization, part of the United Nations Organization. This means he works for UNO WHO.
- When Wadsworth cuts the power to the house during his solving of the mystery, it represents the point of divergence of the three endings.