Random Trivia For This Title:
- The Cat and his accessories (the Things, his lawyers, props) are the only things with the color scheme of white, red, and black. This was done so the Cat would pop out more in the movie as a colorful character.
- The purple goo, which most notably covers Alec BaldwinAlec Baldwin's character at the end of the movie, was made with chicken fat dyed purple.
- Because of so much fog in the area, the sky had to be digitally replaced with the cartoon-like sky and colors of the background had to be digitally fixed.
- EASTER EGG: In Sally's menu on the DVD, when the icon is on the hat symbol, push the right button. A symbol resembling a dog will appear next to Sally. Click it and a featurette about Nevins will play.
- As a result of this film, [?] Audrey Geisel, the widow of Dr. SeussDr. Seuss decided to reject any consequent live-action adaptations of her husband's work claiming that this film differed from her late husband's Family Friendly Material.
- Mike MyersMike Myers said that the Cat's personality is a composite of director/producer [?] Bruce Paltrow, his [Saturday Night Live] character "Linda Richman", and actor Charles Nelson ReillyCharles Nelson Reilly.
- The downtown area outdoor shots were filmed along a Pomona, California street where a number of antique and gift shops are located. The community decided not to redecorate after filming ended, so the surreal paint scheme and some of the signage can still be seen as it appears in the movie.
- The Cat costume is made of Angora and human hair and was fitted with a cooling system. To keep Myers cool during the outdoor shoots, a portable air conditioner was available that connected a hose to the suit between shots. The tail and ears were battery operated.
- Tim AllenTim Allen was originally cast as the title role, but couldn't do it because he was filming The Santa Clause 2.
- The boy character did not have a name in the original Dr. SeussDr. Seuss book, since he was the narrator.
- Mike MyersMike Myers was unaware that a piece of the house would fall behind him near the end of the film. His reaction was real.