Random Trivia For This Title:
- In the scene when Egon looks up information about Vigo in the database, Vigo's full name is listed as Vigo Von Homburg Deutschendorf. The actor who plays Vigo is Wilhelm von Homburg and the twins who play Oscar are William T. Deutschendorf and Henry J. Deutschendorf II, nephews of singer [?] John Denver.
- The kid who tells Ray that, according to his dad, the Ghostbusters are "full of crap" is played by Jason Reitman, the son of director Ivan Reitman. Reitman's daughter plays the girl with the puppy in Egon's lab.
- Originally, the producers planned on having the crashed Hindenburg appear as a ghostly blimp. They dumped this in favor of the apparitions coming off the Titanic.
- The scene involving a woman's mink coat coming to life was originally written & storyboarded to be in the first film.
- In the courtroom scene, the prosecuting lawyer is carried out of the room upside-down by her leg by one of the ghosts. In the trailer, you see the prosecuting lawyer floating out of the room upside-down as the ghost SFX have not yet been added.
- A scene featuring Ray driving Ecto-1 recklessly at speed, as a result of being possessed while conducting tests on Vigo's painting, was filmed but not used in the final edit of the movie. However, some shots of the sequence (Ray running a red light; Peter, sitting in the back, pulling a surprised face) were used in the montage as the Ghostbusters go back into business. (This continued a trend of unused scenes being used in montage - in the first film, a scene of Ray and Winston investigating a haunted castle, where Ray encounters a beautiful ghost, was filmed and not used, but instead used as a 'dream' in that movie's montage sequence.)
- This film is the final theatrical appearance for actress Janet Margolin, (prosecution lawyer) who died three years later from ovarian cancer.
- Bill Murray told [Entertainment Weekly] he was very disappointed with the way the film turned out. He commented "it was a whole lot of slime, and not much of us."
- Dr. Venkman teases Dr. Spengler about his lab assistant and Dr. Spengler responds "I think she's more interested in my epididymis". The Epididymis are the small tubes that connect the vas deferens to the testes.
- In Peter's apartment you can see the newspaper front pages from the first Ghost Busters movie, including the [USA Today] front page. Each one is framed on his wall. They are most visible when Dana (Sigourney Weaver) is still wrapped in a towel after getting out of the shower and Peter is telling her about finding slime residue in her apartment.