Random Trivia For This Title:
- There are no opening credits besides the Title Card.
- Brian Cox (Ward Abbott) appears in two other movies as the employer of an assassin who has amnesia after a traumatic event, The Long Kiss Goodnight and X2.
- Most of the US Marines in the Zurich embassy were actual Marine Security Guards assigned to embassies in Europe, at the request of producer Frank Marshall. They used their own uniforms, worked with the director on dialogue (eventually cut), and developed the tactics they use in clearing the embassy.
- The film was originally scheduled to be released in June 2001, but was delayed because of re-shoots ordered by director Doug Liman, including the car chase that takes place in the middle of the film.
- The author of the novel that the film was based on, Robert Ludlum, died while the film was in postproduction, on 12 March 2001.
- Brad Pitt was offered the role of Jason Bourne, but turned it down to do Spy Game. Matthew McConaughey was also considered for Jason Bourne. Director Doug Liman offered the female lead to Sarah Polley (whom he directed in the film Go (1999)). But she declined the part.
- Doug Liman set out to make this film with the feel of the movie inspired by Lola rennt, in which Franka Potente (who plays Marie in this movie) played the main part.
- The name Bourne came from [?] Ansel Bourne, a preacher in Rhode Island, the first documented case of "dissociative fugue", a condition not unlike dissociative amnesia or dissociative identity disorder (multiple personality disorder). One day in 1887 he forgot who he was, started a new life in Pennsylvania under the name Brown, and opened a convenience store. About three months later, he woke up and not only remembered his life as Bourne, but forgot all of his life as Brown... and needless to say was quite confused as to why he was in Pennsylvania.
- Average & Median Shot Lengths = ~4 seconds.
- In Bourne Identity, the novel this movie was based on, Jason Bourne does not recover from his injuries on the ship. Instead, he spends months at the coast at an alcoholic doctor, who performs multiple surgeries on him. Also, in the novel, Jason's deposit box does not contain cash and a gun, and he opens it in the presence of a high-level bank employee. After this, Jason gets attacked already in the bank by professional assassins. Also in the novel Marie plays a much more important role.