Random Trivia For This Title:
- This is the first [James Bond] movie in the official series to have a running time under two hours since Diamonds Are Forever. The next film to run under 120 minutes would be Quantum of Solace.
- The original title of the film was Tomorrow Never Lies, which makes sense when you consider media mogul Elliot Carver (Jonathan Pryce) was creating the next day's headlines in advance, then causing those events to happen. But a typo on an early script draft was adopted by the producers, and Tomorrow Never Dies was used instead.
- Just before shooting the scene where Bond and Wai-Lin get on the motorcycle, Roger Spottiswoode took Pierce Brosnan and Michelle Yeoh aside - each without the other's knowledge - and told each of them not to let the other get in the driver's seat. The result is in the final film: Bond and Wai-Lin fight over who gets to drive before getting on the bike.
- Michelle Yeoh, who did most of her own stunts, asked her fellow motorbike stuntman to drive faster in the helicopter chase scene as it would make her hair fly out behind her, adding to the effect of speed.
- The film made particularly heavy use of gadgetry because some fans thought there was too little of it in GoldenEye.
- Martin Campbell declined the chance to direct again, not wanting to make two [James Bond] films in a row. Campbell would do the same in 2006 after the success of Casino Royale.
- Teri Hatcher says that she accepted her role in this movie to fulfill her then husband's lifelong dream of being married to a Bond girl. As it turned out, her scenes had to be filmed quickly because of an unexpected pregnancy. She later expressed her dissatisfaction with the part, saying it was "an artificial kind of character to be playing that you don't get any special satisfaction from it".
- Though it has long been part of the James Bond character's reputation in story and dialogue, this is the first instance in the EON Productions official series where James Bond has an on-screen relationship with a leading Bond Girl who is actually known to be married to another man.
- Monica Bellucci read for the role of Paris Carver.
- Dedicated to the memory of long-time Bond-film producer Albert R. Broccoli.
- Anthony Hopkins was cast as Elliott Carver and joined the production, but walked after three days because it was so chaotic and there was no completed shooting script; due to the pressure on Eon Productions to finish the film on time, new pages of the screenplay were being delivered every morning.