Random Trivia For This Title:
- Of all the [Bond] films, this one has the largest role for Desmond LlewelynDesmond Llewelyn as Q.
- At 21 years old, Benicio Del ToroBenicio Del Toro is the youngest actor to ever play a villain in a [James Bond] film.
- In an interview during filming in September 1988 Timothy DaltonTimothy Dalton denied media claims that his Bond was not allowed to have as much sex due to the AIDS epidemic at the time. However, in a 2007 interview he admitted that this was in fact true.
- During the scene where James Bond is hanging by a hook over the cocaine grinder, Benicio Del ToroBenicio Del Toro's character is cutting him loose. During filming he actually cut Timothy DaltonTimothy Dalton's hand and the scene had to be stopped so he could be stitched up.
- The scene where Bond resigns from the MI6 was shot at Ernest Hemingway's house in Key West. That's why when M (Robert Brown [II]Robert Brown [II]) informs 007 that his licence to kill is revoked, he replies, "I guess this is a farewell to arms," a nod to one of Hemingway's most famous novels.
- In AMC's Bond Girls Are Forever, Carey LowellCarey Lowell said that she shut her eyes and flinched every time she fired the gun and had to be trained to fire with her eyes open because a CIA op would not flinch. However, she still winces a bit whenever she fires the handgun.
- Released in the summer of 1989, this movie suffered in competition from a welter of big box office blockbusters, including Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lethal Weapon 2, The Abyss, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and Ghostbusters II. Ever since, all [Bond] films have been released in either fall or winter.
- Pam Bouvier (played by Carey LowellCarey Lowell) is the first Bond Girl to ever actually drink one of Bond's signature vodka-martini cocktails.
- Despite being one of the least commercially successful [Bond] movies in the United States, it was considered by director John GlenJohn Glen his best "007". This opinion is shared by some fans and critics who praise the realism of Licence to Kill.
- Throughout the series Q (Desmond LlewelynDesmond Llewelyn) is constantly reprimanding Bond for damaging or losing his equipment. Here, as a touch of irony, after he uses his rake/radio, he blithely tosses it in the bushes and walks away.
- According to Robert DaviRobert Davi, he wrote his line "Loyalty is more important to me than money." This sentiment is echoed in the torture scene from Casino Royale.