Random Trivia For This Title:
- During filming of the scene where Batman is being towed by a train through the streets of Gotham, so much steam was used that it would "rain" on the cast and crew for several minutes after each take.
- The wide-shot of the house of the League of Shadows was entirely computer-generated.
- Viggo Mortensen turned down Liam Neeson's role. [?] Daniel Day-Lewis was also approached.
- Before the shooting began, Christopher Nolan invited the whole film crew to a private screening of Blade Runner. After the film he said to the whole crew, "This is how we're going to make [Batman]."
- Since Alfred's sense of duty and loyalty towards Bruce Wayne reminded him of the comradeship that exists in the military, Sir Michael Caine based his character's voice on that of a colonel he knew when he was in the army as an 18-year-old.
- The Batmobile, 9 feet wide and 16 feet long, has a top speed of 106 miles per hour and can accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 6 seconds. The engine is a 5.7 liter V8 Chevy. It runs on unleaded gas and can do about 7 miles per gallon. It has four 44-inch tires at the rear, made by Interco Tire Corp, while the front is covered in jagged plates of armor. It was designed and built by [?] Chris Corbould and [?] Andrew Smith at Shepperton Studios in England. This Batmobile was built from the ground up and is estimated to be worth half a million pounds. It was designed by mashing together several different off-the-shelf model kits; its construction was so exacting to the model that they even duplicated the blobs of excess glue.
- Much of Batman's gear and apparel, including his cape and suit, is based on actual military technology.
- "Batman" is said only 10 times throughout the film.
- This is the first movie to use the new DC logo.
- Katie Holmes has played alongside two actors who've portrayed Batman. Christian Bale in this film, and Michael Keaton in First Daughter.
- A clue to Ducard's true identity is given by the fact that his twin mustaches are the same shape as Ra's Al Ghul's trademark goatees.