Random Trivia For This Title:
- In the film Jack Napier aka The Joker is the murderer of Batman's parents. In the comics the murderer is a character named Joe Chill.
- The producers wanted John Williams to write the score, but he had to turn it down due to his commitment to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Adam West (the star of the TV series "Batman") wanted to play Batman, but Michael Keaton was given the role after getting the nod from Bob Kane, the creator of the original Batman comic strip.
- Kim Basinger is only a few inches shorter than Michael Keaton. To make Keaton appear taller, she wears flat heels or is in stocking feet in all the scenes in which they are standing next to each other.
- The Batman costume weighed 70 lbs.
- Tim Curry was an original choice to play the Joker.
- It only took 12 weeks to shoot.
- Alec Baldwin, Charlie Sheen, Bill Murray, Pierce Brosnan and Tom Selleck were considered for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.
- Michael Keaton worked out for two months to prepare for the role, and learned kickboxing from his stunt double, [?] David Lea. Keaton performed most of the fights himself, and one of the few scenes in which Lea stood in for him is during the fight in the alley with the swordsman.