Random Trivia For This Title:
- The Genie lost his cuffs (the mark of his imprisonment) in Aladdin, but he wears them in both sequels and the [Aladdin] TV show because he "looks better" with them on.
- Robin Williams was not a part of this movie due to a disagreement with Disney.
- Disney's first direct-to-video sequel.
- For unexplained reasons, Douglas Seale never reappeared to do the voice of the Sultan in this film and the sequels, series, etc. to Aladdin, and therefore was replaced by Val Bettin.
- Due to box office failure of Rescuers Down Under (a theatrical Disney animated sequel in 1990) the Return of Jafar was released on home video in May of 1994 instead of being released in theaters.
- In the first film, the pattern design for Carpet was very detailed. Most likely due to the daunting task of animating something so elaborate, his design was simplified for this and future Aladdin films (Including the animated series).
- The Genie's laugh when being a jack in the box as a joke played on Iago was a joke taken on the way Krusty the Clown's laughs in the [Simpson] series. Krusty the Clown was also voiced by Dan Castellaneta.
- Originally planned as a television special but later Disney decided to make it a direct to video sequel to Aladdin.