|Like this page? Click here:
Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.
—Gordon B. Hinckley
|Trivia that mentions this person:|
|Rise of the Planet of the Apes |
|References to the original Planet of the Apes abound.|
* The name of Tom Felton's character Dodge Landon is a reference to the characters Dodge (Jeff Burton) and Landon (Robert Gunner), Colonel Taylor's (Charlton Heston) fellow astronauts.
* The orangutan character befriended by Caeser in prison is named Maurice after actor ~Maurice Evans~, who played the orangutan Doctor Zaius.
* The name given to Caesar's mother is "Bright Eyes" due to the coloration in her eyes caused by the ALZ-112 virus. "Bright Eyes" is the name given to Taylor (Charlton Heston) by Dr. Zira (Kim Hunter).
* A news headline reports that the "Icarus" is the first craft headed to Mars. This is one of the fan-proposed names of Taylor's (Charlton Heston) craft, and refers to the Greek myth which cautions against overreaching ambition.
* Dodge Landon speaks two of Charlton Heston's most famous lines from the original: "It's a madhouse! A madhouse!" and "Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!"
* Clips from Charlton Heston in The Agony and the Ecstasy and The Ten Commandments are shown.
* In one scene, Caesar is shown handling a 3D puzzle of the Statue of Liberty, in reference to the the original ending.
* The gorilla Buck is named after Buck Kartalian who played Julius the gorilla.
* One of the female apes is "Cornelia", named for Dr. Cornelius of the original.
* The lab worker who cares for the chimps is named Franklin, a nod to director Franklin J. Schaffner.
* Jamie Harris plays Rodney, the sympathetic keeper in the ape sanctuary, named for original ape actor Roddy McDowall.
* Late in the film we are told that the spacecraft and astronauts have disappeared. We can assume that they gone into a time warp and will end up on the future Planet of the Apes.
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets |
|To get a sense of how nasty his character should be, Jason Isaacs had to go back and watch Tom Felton's performance in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 |
|Alan Rickman, Bonnie Wright, Devon Murray, Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, Geraldine Somerville, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, Matthew Lewis, Robbie Coltrane, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Josh Herdman and Warwick Davis (as Prof. Flitwick and/or Griphook the Goblin) are the only actors to have appeared in all eight movies.|
|The Twilight Saga: Eclipse |
|Tom Felton and Channing Tatum were both considered for the role of Riley.|
|Solo: A Star Wars Story |
|Dave Franco, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Miles Teller, Nick Robinson, Leo Howard, [?] Tony Oller, [?] Chandler Riggs, [?] Hunter Parrish, Rami Malek, [?] Landon Liboiron, [?] Ed Westwick, Tom Felton, [?] Ben Key, [?] Eddy Westcott, [?] Joshua Sasse, Logan Lerman, [?] Ansel Elgort, Jack Reynor, [?] Colton Haynes, [?] Max Thieriot, Scott Eastwood, Chris Pratt, [?] Emory Cohen, Alden Ehrenreich, [?] Taron Egerton, [?] Jack O'Connell, and [?] Blake Jenner had screentested for the young Han Solo. Teller, Elgort, Franco, Reynor, Eastwood, Lerman, Cohen, Ehrenreich, Egerton, O'Connell, and Jenner were amongst the ones who made the cut for the role.|